William & Janet Lahey Art Education and Visual Arts Scholarship
The William & Janet Lahey Art Education and Visual Arts Scholarship is a CSU systemwide scholarship, offered to all 23 CSU campuses.
One scholarship of $10,000 is available for the 2017–2018 academic year for students in a post-baccalaureate program leading to a high school single subject teaching credential in the arts. The annual scholarship will be sufficient to cover tuition & fees and provide an additional small stipend.
Scholarship recipients must meet each of the following requirements:
- Be enrolled at a California State University campus at least half-time and remain a CSU student during the upcoming 2017-2018 academic year.
- Possess a bachelor’s degree in art or in one of the visual art specializations;
- Be enrolled in one of the following programs:
- A post baccalaureate program leading to a high school single subject teaching credential in the arts;
- A Master of Fine Arts program in art or one of the visual arts specialization; or
- A Master of Arts program in art or one of the visual arts specializations.
- Be in good academic standing with a minimum cumulative grade point average of 3.0
Priority consideration will be given to scholarship applications in the following order:
- First priority will be given to students enrolled in a program leading to a single subject teaching credential in the arts;
- Second priority will be given to students enrolled in a graduate program in art of one of the visual arts specializations;
- Third priority will be given to eligible students who have a record of volunteer activities in the arts or who are currently engaged in arts volunteer activities in schools or community arts organizations.
- Award will disburse evenly in the Fall, Winter and Spring quarters of the upcoming academic year.
For questions regarding this scholarship and its criteria, please email Lisa Lewis in the Office of Financial Aid & Scholarships at email@example.com.