Barbara Owen Scholarship
The Barbara Owen Scholarship is awarded to students in the College of Letters, Arts and Social Sciences. To qualify for this opportunity, applicants must meet the following eligibility requirements:
- Be a full-time undergraduate student (12 units/quarter or more)
- Have declared a major in the College of Letters, Arts, and Social Sciences
- Be in good academic standing with a minimum GPA of 3.0 for all units earned at CSUEB
- Have financial need, as demonstrated by filing the FAFSA or CA Dream Act
- Submit an essay addressing demonstrated interest in women’s history, organizations or affairs, and single parent status
- Provide one additional letter of recommendation from an instructor who taught you in a course, focusing on the your demonstrated a) academic achievement, b) positive attitude and endeavor for education, and c) demonstrated interest in women’s history, organizations, or affairs.
- Award will disburse in the Fall quarter
For questions regarding this scholarship and its criteria, please contact Eric Cheatham at 510-885-3477 or email@example.com.