William & Janet Lahey Art Education and Visual Arts Scholarship
The William & Janet Lahey Art Education and Visual Arts Scholarship is a CSU systemwide scholarship, offered to all 23 CSU campuses.
One scholarship of $10,000 is available for the 2017–2018 academic year for students in a post-baccalaureate program leading to a high school single subject teaching credential in the arts. The annual scholarship will be sufficient to cover tuition & fees and provide an additional small stipend.
Scholarship recipients must meet each of the following requirements:
- Be enrolled at a California State University campus at least half-time and remain a CSU student during the upcoming 2017-2018 academic year.
- Possess a bachelor’s degree in art or in one of the visual art specializations;
- Be enrolled in one of the following programs:
- A post baccalaureate program leading to a high school single subject teaching credential in the arts;
- A Master of Fine Arts program in art or one of the visual arts specialization; or
- A Master of Arts program in art or one of the visual arts specializations.
- Be in good academic standing with a minimum cumulative grade point average of 3.0
Priority consideration will be given to scholarship applications in the following order:
- First priority will be given to students enrolled in a program leading to a single subject teaching credential in the arts;
- Second priority will be given to students enrolled in a graduate program in art of one of the visual arts specializations;
- Third priority will be given to eligible students who have a record of volunteer activities in the arts or who are currently engaged in arts volunteer activities in schools or community arts organizations.
- Award will disburse evenly in the Fall, Winter and Spring terms of the upcoming academic year.
For questions regarding this scholarship, please email Scholarships@csueastbay.edu.