Vera M. Gayters Memorial Scholarship
The Vera M. Gayters Memorial Scholarship is awarded to students majoring in Ethnic Studies at CSUEB to encourage them to pursue the highest degree of excellence in their academic and professional careers, and to promote social responsibility. To qualify of this opportunity, applicants must meet the following eligibility requirements:
- Be an Ethnic Studies major
- Show promise in making a substantial contribution to minority communities in politics, sciences, medicine, or arts
- Be a currently enrolled junior or senior
- Have a minimum 2.5 CSUEB GPA
- Reside in Alameda or Contra Costa Counties
- Demonstrate financial need by filing the FAFSA, or California Dream Act
- Submit a letter of recommendation from a member of the Ethnic Studies faculty.
For questions regarding this scholarship and its criteria, please contact the Ethnic Studies Department at 510-885-3255 or the department chair, Dr. Carlos Salomon, at email@example.com or 510-885-2191.