Hansson Adventure, Research and Travel in AGES Scholarship
The Hansson Adventure, Research and Travel in AGES Scholarship’s purpose is to provide financial support for educational expenses not limited to tuition, research, field work, or conference attendance. The award is intended to help each recipient pursue an academic goal or idea beyond degree attainment. The recipients shall be enterprising and goal-oriented students with vision and drive. To qualify for this Opportunity, applicants must meet the following eligibility requirements:
- Be an upperclassman or graduate student in good standing with the Geography/Anthropology Department
- Have a minimum GPA of 2.5
- Be a United States citizen, permanent resident, or an AB540 “Dream Act” student
- Demonstrate financial need as evidenced by a completed FAFSA or Dream Act Application, unless there is a compelling reason they cannot complete those forms, explained in a statement
- Submit an essay describing how the scholarship will help with the cost of the recipient’s education, their dedication to the field of geography or archæology, and their vision and intended use of the funds
For questions regarding this scholarship and its criteria, please contact the Anthropology, Geography and Environmental Studies (AGES) Department at 510-885-3193.